I wanted to share with you a really easy and effective facial you can make right at home that can help you say bye-bye to large pores, uneven skin tone, dark spots/discolouration, and acne! The main ingredient of this magical and ancient beauty trick? Egg whites!
Why Egg Whites?
Egg whites contain powerful enzymes that prevent brown discolourations from blemishes and work to protect the red and pink colors in the skin. They also contain proteins that interact with the salts in your skin which help to tighten and firm it while loosening whiteheads/ blackheads.
How to Make the Egg White Facial:</p>
You will need:
-1 egg white (or 1/4 cup of pasteurized egg whites in a carton)
You can customize your egg white facial to your specific needs with the optional ingredients below:
-paper towel strips (easy blackhead removal strips)
<span>-1 tablespoon of melted honey (unpasteurized is best) to soothe skin
-a few drops of jojoba or extra virgin olive oil to moisturize skin
-1 tablespoon grated cucumbers or freshly squeezed tomato juice to refresh skin
-1/2 teaspoon of salt (non-iodized sea salt is best) to amplify the tightening effect
-1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice to brighten your skin
-1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to clarify
- Beat your egg white in a bowl until it is light and fluffy. It will be easier to apply to your face as a merengue than as a "goopy" liquid.
- Whisk any additional ingredients into your merengue.
- Gently wash your face with your regular facial cleanser with a gentle washcloth and pat dry.
- Apply the merengue with your fingertips onto your face and neckline. Avoid your eye area.
- If you wish to remove blackheads, now is the time to place your strips of paper towel into your nose or t-zone while the merengue is still wet.
- Sit back or lie down and relax for 15-20 minutes. As the merengue dries, you will begin to feel a tightening of the skin, even if you did not add extra salt.
- When your time is up, gently rinse away the egg white face mask with your hands or a gentle washcloth using warm water. If you used the blackhead strips, gently peel them off before rinsing your face. (Go ahead and inspect your strips! Prepare to be disgusted!)
- Moisturize your skin as usual.
I use this mask about 1-2 times a week and I love it! It helps my skin feel supple and soft and look brighter, too! My skin tends to be a tad on the oily side, so I like to put sea salt and lemon juice in my mask for that extra punch of effectiveness!
I swear by it! It really works! And I hope it will work for you, too!
Let me know how your experience goes. I'd love to hear from you!